Celebrate NUCA of Nebraska's 10th Anniversary by joining us for the 2020 Annual Conference on February 7th at the Scott Conference Center in Omaha. Special recognition will be given to our founding members.
Download the registration brochure or register online. Exhibitors, register online here.
The Annual Conference features these Education Sessions:
- Getting Paid and Avoiding the Pitfalls of Employee Drug Testing presented by Craig Martin from Lamson, Dugan & Murray, LLP
- Trenching and Excavation - Agency Priority Goal - Keeping Workers Safe presented by Darwin Craig, OSHA Assistant Area Director
- Trench Safety and the Use of Protective Systems presented by Ross Carda, United Rentals Trench Safety
Spouse/Guest Activity at Board & Brush
Projects Preview Presentations and Exhibits
Product Pipeline Team Building
Dinner, Annual Business Meeting, NUCA of Nebraska 10th Anniversary Celebration with Remarks from NUCA National Chair Dan Buckley, Live Auction and Silent Auction
A hotel room block is available at the Courtyard Aksarben Village through January 24, 2020. Please call (402) 951-4300 to make your reservations and take advantage of a special discounted rate.
Notice of 2020 Annual Business Meeting
- Friday, February 7, 2020 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Central in the Center Room at the Scott Conference Center at 6450 Pine Street in Omaha, Nebraska.
The annual meeting is planned in conjunction with the National Utility Contractor Association of Nebraska’s 2020 Annual Conference. There are three primary items of business at the annual meeting:
1. Election of board members. Please read the slate of candidates below.
2. Vote on proposed bylaws amendment.
3. Provide state legislative updates and a state of the association update.
Slate of Candidates
In accordance with the requirements of the National Utility Contractors Association of Nebraska Bylaws, the following slate of candidates is presented for election at the 2020 Annual Business Meeting.
- For Vice President – one-year term with automatic succession to President – BJ Woehler from Woehler & Sons Construction.Read BJ's candidate statement.
For Contractor Director (elect two) – each position will be elected to a two-year term. The candidates are:
- Jack Knispel from Eyman Plumbing. Read Jack’s candidate statement.
For Associate Member – Warren Kutz from Road Builders Machinery & Supply Company. Read Warren’s candidate statement.
Additional nominations may be made from the floor at the annual meeting. Members nominated at the meeting must consent to serve if elected, before such nominations are accepted.
The bylaws amendment proposed by the NUCA of Nebraska Board of Directors is:
Article II Membership Section 4 Rights and Privileges of Membership: The privilege of membership in the Association includes the right to participate in Association activities, secure the services provided by the Association, receive the Association’s publications, and publicize such membership, including the use of the Association’s logo, so long as the logo is not used in any manner which would adversely reflect on the Association. Each member (regardless of membership type) shall be entitled to vote at the Annual Membership Meeting. Only Contractor members may serve as Officers. Contractor and Institutional (strike Institutional members) may serve on committees and the Board of Directors.
Rationale for proposing this bylaws amendment:
Institutional members partner with the National Utility Contractors Association of Nebraska (NUCA of Nebraska) to promote educational and training programs and related initiatives, but do not work in the underground utility construction industry as contractors or suppliers and service providers.